The conference agenda will facilitate executive-caliber, business-oriented conversations that focus on the real facts, the real implications and the real starting point of 5G implementation. These discussions will be led by diverse groups of speakers from a wide range of industries. Be prepared to walk away with clear actions you can take to build, adopt and/or enable 5G.
You’ve heard a lot of talk about 5G will automate and revolutionize the world. But, what can 5G do specifically for you and your organization? This session is designed to help attendees identify their 5G needs, and then take the first steps in building the business case for a 5G investment. For providers, the session will provide tips on how to better illustrate 5G capabilities and work with customers to meet their specific needs.
- Learn the types of environments, organizations, and people who represent ideal 5G first adopters
- Learn about 5G short- and long-term benefits (How does 5G create new economic growth?)
- Learn how to set realistic goals in your 5G action plan
How will innovative healthcare systems use 5G networks to deliver better, faster care to patients and save lives? How will cities use 5G to promote public health and enhance public services, while simultaneously protecting personal privacy? Hear directly from organizations that have completed case studies aimed at answering these questions.
- Learn about health-promoting and life-saving 5G technologies
- Learn about how DHS and law enforcement are utilizing these technologies
- Learn about the privacy issues related to these applications.
How can 5G “smart building” networks create happier, healthier, and more accommodating work environments? How can they help building owners attract and retain lessees, and most importantly, save on operational costs? This discussion will start with the hard facts – the results of several “small building” case studies gauging benefits and address how quickly and effectively those benefits offset the cost of retrofitting and network implementation.
- Learn how smart, automated systems save on energy and cut down on waste.
- Learn how smart building environments cultivate new revenue generating businesses
- Learn about how smart buildings increase productivity and create happier, healthier workforces.
With the use-case, financing, and smart building sessions behind us, there's plenty of information to digest! Your action plan should be coming along, so take this opportunity to meet with fellow guests who can provide guidance and perhaps, drive new business for your organization!
5G services have already been launched in several test bed cities around the world. Hear testimonials from those who have managed those networks. How did the public interact with those services? What were the main challenges and lessons learned? What advice do these network managers have for those thinking about taking the big step to 5G? This session also gives attendees a chance to ask for guidance on their 5G action plans.
- Hear from speakers who have managed 5G networks in “testbed cities”
- Hear from speakers who operate 5G test networks for their businesses
- Hear from systems integrators who have produced case studies based on “Smart Building” networks
Celebrate the close of an exciting opening day at DC5G with cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and food in the beautiful Ritz-Carlton ballroom!
Impress your lawyer with a 5G action plan that works within the reality of your federal, state, and local regulatory framework. We'll review the action plan you’ve been creating throughout the event, and address any legal/regulatory issues that may encounter. Learn how to create a plan B, C, and D, and to expect the unexpected risks.
Sara Neff took Kilroy from having no sustainability program to being named the #1 publicly traded real estate company on sustainability in North America. She comes to DC5G to talk about what 5G can do to combat climate change and improve human health, while recognizing that it also has the potential to create new challenges for society. It will be the role of this audience to decide if the world will look at the advent of 5G as the beginning of when we meaningfully began to solve our problems, or when we passed the point of no return.
DC5G 2019 is going to take a slightly different approach to the network security discussion. Instead of focusing exclusively on hostile threats, we’re going to start with vulnerabilities created naturally by everyday activity on a functional network. First, you’ll learn about the types of devices that will be operating on 5G networks, and how they can be prioritized and managed. Then, we’ll explore how both network users and proactive managers can complement hardware/software in protecting continuously connected 5G networks.
- Learn about the sheer number and range of “devices” that could be operating on a single 5G network
- Learn how those devices will be prioritized, in terms of bandwidth/resource requirements
- Learn how those devices should be protected, as well as how to protect those networks from hostile or vulnerable devices.
It's an action-packed morning, so make sure you take this opportunity to exchange contacts, meet our speakers and guests, and grab that emergency cup of coffee!
It’s a proven fact that traffic congestion impacts the economy, produces waste, drives up physical infrastructure costs, and harms the environment. The same is true for both government and private industry utilizing vehicle fleets for transportation and delivery. This session will reveal the results of case studies that produced fascinating results on how 5G capabilities dramatically improve the ability to manage congested networks and solve problems.
- Learn how 5G networks can manage traffic networks and alleviate congestion for Smart Cities.
- Learn how new capabilities can create efficiencies for businesses with operational fleets.
- Learn how 5G optimized transit networks attract new and young talent to local industries.
Relax and enjoy lunch at the Ritz with colleagues and fellow guests as you prepare for an afternoon that will bring your 5G plans to life!
Our final session is a two-part activity that will explain how to reach out to your initial partners or customers.
Part 1 (1:30 - 2:30): Now that you’ve identified your 5G needs and potential benefits, explored financing options, and learned about ways to mitigate security and legal risks, it is time to connect users with their builders. Who should potential 5G users call first? How can providers engage and assist from the very beginning of the process? How can people on both sides of the table set realistic project timelines and manage expectations? This session will provide valuable guidance on how to shop for partners, important questions to ask during initial meetings, and how to avoid costly mistakes as you begin to execute your 5G plan.
- Learn how to approach and engage with potential 5G infrastructure and service providers (Who do you call first?)
- Learn about your options for implementation – there’s no “one size fits all!”
- Learn how to set realistic timelines and to manage expectations
Part 2: 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. - The panel will then dedicate this time to answer your unanswered questions in a rapid-fire format! Survey results from the beginning of the event will also be revealed and the panel will attempt to answer those questions, as well. Finally, our panelists will describe some of the more exciting 5G opportunities and applications coming down the pipe, and leave us with a list of top takeaways for 5G in 2020.