You’ve probably heard more than a few people in the telecommunications industry say that the transition to 5G wireless is “more than just another G,” or that it’s not just “another increase in speed.” And, you’ve probably heard more than a few different definitions and interpretations of how 5G will impact the way we use data and connect to mobile networks. On top of that, there’s the long list of 5G terminology – cRAN, Network Edge, Slicing, mmWave, vRAN, Gnb – standards that aren’t quite…standard, and policies and regulations that are still up in the air. At the end of the day, you’re still searching for the answer to the basic question – What exactly is 5G?
In this webinar, we seek to answer – what exactly is 5G? We’ll start at the beginning and break down the 5G wireless basics.
During this presentation you will learn:
1. The need-to-know terms, acronyms, standards, and definitions specific to 5G.
2. How 5G is different from 3G, 4G and 4G LTE
3. The transformation from LTE to 5G
4. Key trends for 5G
5. A clear outline of 5G standards and critical policy issues.
6. The important indredients for 5G success
7. An overview of where the global telecommunication industry currently stands in regard to 5G implementation
8. A realistic future timeline for 5G market roll-out and adoption
Chris Pearson, President of 5G Americas
Jeffrey Hill, Via Satellite Executive Editor and Chairman of Aerospace Events